Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Believing/Not Believing in the US Political System

Believing/Not Believing in the US Political System

By ROBERTO Dr. CINTLI RODRIGUEZ

MARCH 15, 2020

Despite winning three high-profile trials in my lifetime, involving death threats from extremists and/or supremacists and law enforcement violence, I do not believe in the US judicial system.
I acknowledge that my beliefs may stem from the fact that none of the defendants were ever sent to prison. Either they were promoted, or in the case of the white supremacist, was slapped on the wrists with probation.

While speaking at the invitation by a teacher at Hollenbeck Junior High School in Los Angeles, soon after I had won a historic police brutality lawsuit trial in 1986, some administrator told me that I was giving the students the wrong message; she reasoned that the fact that I won those trials meant that “the system works.”

I disagreed then and even now. FOR THE REST OF THE COLUMN, GO TO: https://www.populist.com/26.05.rodrguez.html?fbclid=IwAR22hPkHQu-only-GBssxLQk7TBh6U6DmoMI04M24YrvpvXrxFnSIGiToP0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments