Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

APRIL 1, DAY 2 OF NACCS ELECTION - PLEASE SHARE


UNA LLAMADA A TODO INSURGENTE

APRIL 1, DAY 2 OF NACCS ELECTION - PLEASE SHARE

OPEN LETTER TO STUDENTS, SCHOLARS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS RE INSURGENT NACCS CHAIR-ELECT CANDIDACY

Saludos

I am writing to you to ask for a letter of support re my insurgent candidacy for Chair Elect for the National Association for Chicana and Chicano Studies (NACCS). I have been nominated for chair-elect 3 years in a row, and each time, I have been passed over or ruled ineligible by the board. The reason given to me this year was one having to do with geography… that because there’s a representative on the NACCS board in the same region that I live in, that that somehow makes me ineligible.

This is not part of the bylaws, but I am bothered more by the fact that the organization spends much time and energy to ensure that the election for chair-elect is unopposed, conducting elections with single nominees. This has been the case in recent memory. I want to put a stop to this practice. I am hoping you will write a letter to the NACCS leadership and to the board to ask about these issues:

1) Why am I continually found ineligible, especially considering that I have never nominated myself?

2) Why does NACCS continue to hold elections for chair-elect without choices?

3) Additionally, because I have no recourse, but to mount an insurgent write-in candidacy, please ask the board to extend voting privileges to all those that pay their dues during the election cycle which is from March 31-April 14. The conference begins April 15. At the moment, the cut-off date for eligible voters was March 22.

You don’t have to support my candidacy or to vote for me; just ask the board and the leadership to answer the above questions. Here are their addresses and please CC me (XColumn@gmail.com) when you write them. My suggestion is to read the two letters that I have posted to the NACCS FB page, my own FB Page and my blogsite (http://drcintli.blogspot.com/):

That will give you all the info you need, though if you have questions, feel free to call or write me. If you are part of an organization, please share and if possible, a letter from organizations is also welcome.

Thanks and Sincerely
Roberto Rodriguez (Dr. Cintli)
520-271-6796 - XColumn@gmail.com

Here is the NACCS contact info:

Julia E. Curry Rodriguez, Ph.D. - San Jose State University
office: 408.924.5310
julia.curry@naccs.org

General Information
NACCS@naccs.org or kathy@naccs.org]
408-808-2097 - Kathryn Blackmer Reyes

NACCS Board
Carlos Guerrero, Chair - Los Angeles City College
carlos@naccs.org

Nelia Olivencia, Chair Elect
University Wisconsin-Whitewater
nelia@naccs.org

Ed Muñoz, Secretary
University of Utah
ed@naccs.org

Ann Marie Leimer, Treasurer
Midwestern State University
annmarie@naccs.org

At Large Representatives
Irene Mata - Wellesley University
Irene@naccs.org

Armando Ibarra
University Wisconsin - Extension
Armando@naccs.org

Aureliano DeSoto
Metropolitan State University
aureliano@naccs.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments