Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 27, 2014

NIN TONANTZIN NON CENTEOTL: OUR SACRED MAIZ IS OUR MOTHER





NIN TONANTZIN NON CENTEOTL "OUR SACRED MAIZ IS OUR MOTHER." Today I turned in my final edited version of my forthcoming book: Our Sacred Maiz is our Mother" at 11:11 a.m. There is something magical about : 11:11. I won my first police brutality trial at exactly 11:11 a.m on Nov 7, 1979. Since then, they've been my lucky numbers. In Jan 2,008, I was awarded my PhD in Wisconsin, also, at exactly 11:11 a.m. (11:11 also has a special significance to the Zapatistas). Wish my book was out already but it doesn't get officially published til Nov., however, I will have copies sometime in Oct. Thanks to everyone who has accompanied me on this journey, especially from the time I lived in an alley on Whittier Blvd in East L.A. It's been a long road. Tlazocamati to all the youths and elders who have taught me what it means to be human, especially here in the most dehumanizing state of Arizona. https://www.uapress.arizona.edu/Books/bid2497.htm (Next project: tenure, Smiling Brown... and Yolqui).

1 comment:

  1. 11:11 is a power number. I was married on January 11 at 11:11 and 1111 was the address of my last family home in Florida. Congratulations on your book.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments